Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Beantown Sketchbook and Pictures I Drew at Work

Here are a few of the cooler things
I've done at work so far:


This was the front of a t-shirt for
a demolition derby team. This isn't
the final design, maybe midway--
it turned silver, got a lot busier,
more skulls on the back of the shirt.
Plus the skulls got mohawks. Fun stuff!
I only drew the skull, the rest is
crappy stock vector shapes, etc.

I am designing some signs for our local
menagerie's, the Ross Park Zoo (one of
the oldest in Ameirca I believe?). They're
for the penguin and otter exhibits.


I started out by painting 5-6 penguins in
a realistic style... but that was taking too long,
and I eventually realized that the sign was
supposed to contain fun facts for kids, and
get positioned at a 6-year-old sort of eye level.
So I switched to these cute cartoony otters.
I'm going to back and make some simpler
vector penguins, too.



--------------------------------------------
In other news, I journeyed to Boston this weekend
to see some of my friends. It was a marvelous trip,
and I wish you all could have been there too!

Here are some sketches (and mostly notes I guess)
from the road.

5 comments:

  1. Love the cute otters. :D I can't wait to see the redone penguins.

    yay crappy stock vector shapes... :P Where do you find your stock vector shapes? I'm having trouble finding some (I need them for work :( ).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Jamie, those otters are incredible! And I don't even like skulls, but that's really good too! I can't wait to see the other zoo signs you do!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the otters. Penguins are ace too. But yea, love the otters. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm digging the penguins even though they are not your normal style.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. I have a menu from Grendel's Den still, I love that place!!!

    2. I really like the style on the penguins! Penguins are my favorite :)

    ReplyDelete