Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Comin' Down the Pipes

So, I am going to have the opportunity
to hang a show at the Whole in the Wall,
the restaurant where I'm working. I'm
going to try to crank out a bunch of new
stuff, plus frame up some pre-existing
work. It'll be up for First Friday and
everything! A great opportunity.

I am trying to come up with some unifying
idea or story for the new work I'm going to
do--nothing solid yet. Here's a sketch based
on an old doodle from Pre-Colombian art class.


A benevolent water god showers it's
disciples with life giving waters from
it's morning glory headdress! Butterflies,
spiders, and hallucinogenic morning glory
seeds sprinkle down too. Except I forgot
the butterflies and the seeds in the sketch :).

Yesterday, my friend Vidya showed me
a fantastic book, a version of Ramayana,
a great Indian epic, illustrated by Sanjay
Patel (who works for Pixar).



It was incredible. I need to borrow it and read
it/inspect it more carefully. Combined with some
new Adobe Illustrator tricks I've been learning at
work, this made me want to try some vector stuff
again. It's been a while.

1 comment:

  1. vectorrrrrr..... come to the dark side! :o) How's work? Tell me all about it

    ReplyDelete